Saturday 2 November 2013

Hello People of Earth!

Well hello there to all the beautiful people reading this very first blog post!

I guess I'll get things started by talking about some really cool rad stuff that I like and hopefully you guys like as well.

Today's topic.

Pokemon X and Y!








So October is generally the most exciting time of year for me, the leaves are changing colours, the air is nice and crisp.. and there's a slew of kick ass video games that generally launch around this time.

This October I was consumed by Pokemon Y.

My lawd, was this game ever fantastic.. The new game play mechanics and improved graphics made the game an honest to goodness treat every time I fired it up.

I was really impressed by the way the game managed to maintain its normal speed when entering into a wild battle, that was one of my primary concerns when seeing the new game engine in game play trailers.

Pokemon X and Y are fantastic games, however I will say they do not feel finished..
After beating the elite 4,  there really isn't a whole lot to do.. You get battle maison and the friend safari.
These two features are great inclusions for the post game, however with games like pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver having an entire additional content to discover after defeating the initial 8 gyms was something they really need to bring back.. Also, I really cannot stand these new fairy types..



However overall the game is a fantastic step in the right direction, with the ability to start an on line battle anywhere any time facing off against players from around the world.
(However it seems that everyone uses the exact same cookie cutter teams these days..)

                                        Meet Aegislash.. You'll be seeing a lot of him.


Mega evolutions were the big new feature in this game, with many popular existing pokemon getting mega evolutions, such as; Gengar, Garchomp, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur and my all time favourite Scizor! There are plenty more I haven't mentioned, for the full list check out serebii.



                                                          I named mine "Death Edge"

This series continues to be my all time favourite and its good to see they are taking a step in the right direction, I can't wait to see what they have planned for the next version!

                                                           Overall Score 8.8 / 10


                                       I will be writing more on new topics every few days!
                   If you liked this please share it with your friends, that would be freaking wicked!


                                                  This is CanSoupMan signing out!

                           Don't forget to eat your soup, that stuffs delicious and nutritious!



No comments:

Post a Comment